Saturday, January 16, 2021

Two Whole Weeks

It's hard to believe it has been 2 weeks since I fell off that darn ladder!  The hours go slowly, but the days disappear.     

Some minor accomplishments:

1.  Right shoulder is better.  I was able to sit down and pay some bills.  Hurray, I can print a check legibly again!

2.  Doing the above, I needed an envelope from the computer room.  Without really thinking about it, I stood up and free-walked (slowly and with hands on the walls) there and back.  I wouldn't want to try free-walking any farther though.  And I don't plan on doing it again today.  But it was good to discover I could.

3.  Made a real meal (as opposed to just thawing out a few things).  Fried eggs, bacon, hash browns, toast, cocoa, and green tea.  Tonight will be a pork/mushroom/pepper stir-fry.

4.  Did some very light kitchen countertop cleaning.  Just handi-wipe work, but it looks better.

5.  Unpacked 3 kitchen items I received a month ago and was ignoring.  They are for sugar, flour, and cornstarch.  They are cats!  I marked the collar tab of each with "S F or C" to tell them apart.  No more ugly mason jars...

6.  Washed some socks in the sink.  I have LOTS of clean socks, but most are hard to put on right now.  These were nice slippery-stretchy golf socks.  Easier to pull on AND get into my shoes.

7.  Again, my many thanks for all the good wishes and concerns.  They help me get through each day.

Isn't it funny how little things mean a lot sometimes?

16 comments:

Meezer's Mews & Terrieristical Woofs said...

Great progress, Mark!! Every day a wee bit more!! Can you hear me clapping!!?

Its kind of like that here these days, too.....hubby is slowly....very slowly getting back to being the regular hubby....at least now he can put on his own socks and shoes....I had to do it for a while...but the stairs remain a challenge for him, too....a dangerous one. So he only goes up there to sleep...(he had spinal fusion surgery...)

Megan said...

I know that it seems slow, but you are improving and that's to be celebrated. Thanks for keeping us posted.

Megan
Sydney, Australia

ZOOLATRY said...

Hang in ... and hang on! Free walking is great, but YES: hang on please. Glad to hear and know that you're progressing. Slow and steady good friend. (and don't forget, if you need anything ...)

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

That is a huge improvement, but please don't try and overdo it. We all want you well with no more accidents on the road to recovery.

The Florida Furkids said...

Progress!! Be careful, you don't want to go backwards.

The Florida Furkids

Katie Isabella said...

I am so glad for the progress and you certainly have shown great progress. Sure is hard to be less than "everyday". Makes one appreciate when we ARE fit as a fiddle.

Brian's Home Blog said...

Every little bit of progress is a wonderful thing!

Timmy Tomcat said...

We are all so very glad you are healing up. It is slow going but you will be good to go in no time

My Mind's Eye said...

Oh I'm so glad you are improving Mark, ny husband knows the pain you were in SLow and Steady wins the race.
My husband was cleaning out gutters probably 20+ years ago. He took the afternoon off work. I was a work too. I came home found all the equipment still in the driveway. I knew that was not a good sign. He was on the last section of gutters over the garage. Somehow the ladder started sliding down the house (about 12') He straddled the ladder all the way down. Which was good since he would have fallen on concrete. He broke his elbow and pulled ever muscle from his waste down to his big toe. The trip to ER was over $2,500 and weeks of agony, but hey he SAVED PAYING SOMEONE $40.00 to do it for him. Not long after that we invested in leaf guard for gutters.
Take care
Cecilia

pilch92 said...

That sure sounds like a lot of progress in just 2 weeks. I hope it continues.
Cute cat canisters.

Just Ducky said...

Yay for progress. Mum bought a sock putter onner thingy from Amazon when she broked her ankle. You put the sock around a plastic slide and then shoved your foot into the sock. It worked!

The Whiskeratti said...

Ouch! I'm so sorry. I hope you have a quick recovery.

The Whiskeratti said...

I had no idea what happened so I went back and got caught up on the posts. Again, I am so so sorry this happened to you. And very grateful that Deb and John are such kind people.

catladymac said...

I know when we first commented, we talked about the pitfalls of getting older, But it isn't only older people. If you had been in your twenties and this had happened, it could have been just as dire...Those of us who live alone need to have some kind of a check-in system. ( Cell phone at least. ) Great news about being able to "free walk." Walkers are better than crutches, in my experience, though you probably didn't have that option anyway with your shoulder,

AnnDee said...

Let us know when it doesn't hurt to laugh! I have comics to send.

Mickey's Musings said...

Good to hear you are feeling a bit better and can do more things.
Slow and steady wins the race they say, but that is not how we want to do things ;) Sending healing thoughts and hope recovery continues well.
Purrs, Julie and me, Nancy

Adventures In Driving

 Last month, my cable box partially died, so they sent a replacement.  But they wanted the old one back anyway.  The store in town only hand...