Thursday, July 4, 2024

Independence Day

Yesterday, I posted the Declaration Of Independence, which I thought was good to re-read.

But today, I want to add some things.  We are (mostly) a Nation of immigrants.  From everywhere.  Some people want to forget their foreign roots and keep others out.  I don't understand them.

We all here came from "somewhere else".  Even the Native Americans came from Asia.  And they came here looking for new opportunities.  As did we all.  Well, not the slaves, but no argument or place is perfect.

But, still, this nation was built by "incoming people" regardless.  Most came from places too dismal to live in.   Some stayed were they were.  But the "best, bravest, and brightest" took a huge chance to come here.   Sometimes with barely pennies in their pockets.  In hope of a better life, in hope of freedom, in hope of a job you could choose yourself.

Just for a chance to escape kings and autocrats.  And they found what they sought.  Not everyone succeeded, but they knew they had a chance to succeed.

My favorite song for yesterday is New Diamond's 'America'.  It expresses hopes, dreams, and a new start in life.

HERE.  

Direct link...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrgCxSSwBto&ab_channel=neildiamondVEVO

My general family has been here a few centuries,  But that doesn't mean I fear newer arrivals.  I have never met a new immigrant who didn't work hard and kept a dream in their pocket.

Have you ever flown across the US at night?  I have several times.  It's mostly dark, and I don't mean just cornfields.  The place is still mostly empty.

We need to continue to welcome the "best, bravest, and brightest".  The people who take a chance to come here from "everywhere".

"America of thee I sing" today.


No comments:

Some Intrusion Pics

Here is where the "I think it was a fox" burrowed under the fence.   This one shows the light from outside the fence.  Those fenc...