Monday, July 8, 2024

Yard Flowers

 Some flowers do better than others.  And some have their own season to grow.  I try to plant flowers that can deal with the local climate.  But sometimes even they need a little help.

I've had these Stoke's Asters for maybe 25 years.  They are pretty durable and (apparently) insect-free.  But there used to be a dozen and now I see only 8. I enjoy seeing them every year.



The daylilies are durable too.  But I don't see as many colors as I used to.  There is weed competition and I need to do something about that.  Using a hedge-trimmer at ground level between the lilies should help.


But I really need to dig them up this Fall and move them to the front yard where The Mews don't go. Daylilies can be harmful to cats.

The yard Pansies are thoroughly done for the year!  Well, they are Fall-to-Summer annuals.

The ones in deck pots get some shade and better watering, so they are still blooming.

These are from a few weeks ago, but they still look pretty much the same.




I tried to pick out some of the weeds, but the roots are very entangled, so I think I will just leave them alone.


1 comment:

pilch92 said...

Beautiful blooms, especially the asters.

Old Basement Refrigerator

 I had an old refrigerator in the kitchen.  It wasn't the original one, but it was probably about 15 years old.  I decided it was suckin...