Friday, July 19, 2024

Catching Up With Yard Pics

I hope I didn't post these before.  They were on my list of pictures that were not inked through.  But if they aren't new, enjoy them agin, LOL! 

Daylilies...




Maltese Cross perennials...  

Yucca in bloom...

Heirloom tomatoes.  They are indeterminant, so they need tall cages.  Putting cages on containers is awkward.

Pole beans and corn.  I was probably too late this year.  But maybe I'll get something by the end of the season.

This is a 5' kidney bean-shaped pond.  The sweet flag loves it.  There are a few lillies in there too.  I think the 3 goldfish died.  But it is hard to tell.  I think I meed to pull the plant pot up, drain the pond and  see if there are any fish left at the bottom.  I will have 3 trashcans of aged water to refill it if there are any.  Otherwise, I will just buy a few cheap ones next May and start over.

The Stella D' Oro lilies bloomed briefly, but it has been very dry for a month and they have not re-bloomed since.  They are hardy and will come back next year if not in a month.

And it has been hot here.  Not as bad as me places, but harsh for here.


101F.  Haven't seen that for a decade!  And that was in the morning.  I think it got hotter but I didn't think to take a picture a 2 PM.  I watered the tomatoes, corn, pole beans and 4 young trees.  It was like standing in an oven.  

I am reminded of an old joke:  "A starving coyote was chasing a terrified rabbit.  And they were both walking..."

3 comments:

Marcia said...

The work you put in on your yard sure pays off! We are down here in the desert trying to keep our drought-stricken trees alive.....

pilch92 said...

Beautiful blooms. Yikes on the temps. I have been complaining when it is 92.

Megan said...

Looking forward to seeing your tomato crop!

Megan
Sydney, Australia

Old Basement Refrigerator

 I had an old refrigerator in the kitchen.  It wasn't the original one, but it was probably about 15 years old.  I decided it was suckin...