Thursday, April 23, 2020

Pansies

I meant to show 2 colors of pansies I have not seen before, Tuesday, and forgot.  And not that I know much about pansies.  But they seemed unusual...

I've never seen a purple/white pansy with a  with a bottom of yellow.
And these seem unusual to me.  Actually, they are slightly more lighter orangish than this, but I couldn't adjust the pic for the right color.   My camera has thoughts of its own sometimes, and I don't know enough about tint management.
Aside from that, I had a lot of the 16 cell pack pansies that were actually multiple plants per cell, so I got a lot of rather interesting combinations of 2 colors in one spot and even 3 in a few.  Don't you love surprises like that?

2 comments:

Megan said...

These are gorgeous and yes, they do seem unusual.

Megan
Sydney, Australia

AnnDee said...

The reddish one isn't anything I've ever seen.

About color adjustment: We had one of the earliest digital cameras. I took a lot of pictures of wildflowers around the place. When I uploaded them, the colors were all off. I was able to manipulate colors, but I couldn't find "true" colors. The next year I put four crayons in the corner of each picture: red, blue, yellow (primaries), and green (because there is a lot of green in plant photos). I was then able to true up the colors to match the crayons.

That camera and those pictures are long gone, alas. But there are always new flowers to have their pictures taken.

Adventures In Driving

 Last month, my cable box partially died, so they sent a replacement.  But they wanted the old one back anyway.  The store in town only hand...