Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Flowers

The Mews have not decided who will host the Thursday Garden Tours and I haven't collected the pictures of the Saucer Magnolia and the Daffodil Bed as they bloomed for a slideshow yet, so I wanted to show the Happy Pansies in the deck pots for now...
The warmish Winter and soft Spring has let tem grow better than they have in any previous year here.
If the pots look like they have too many of some color and not enough of others, it is because they got all the ones that weren't blooming at the time I planted the outside large mass. 
I was expecting some randomness surprises, and I got some.  
But that was the point, LOL!

The massed planting is doing well, though the Winter weeds have grown suddenly.  I had dragged the scuffle how between them in January, but apparently the weeds either grew back or new seeds germinated due to me disturbing the soil.   
Maybe they looked better in March.  Fewer flowers but fewer weeds...
I would hoe again, but newer demands command attention for longer-term benefits.  I have perennials and self-sowing annuals to plant in the Meadow and Pollinator Beds, wild blackberries and other briars (and some poison ivy) to dig out in the back non-lawn area.  It took days with the brush-cutter to chop all the wild stuff down last Fall, so I don't want to let that escape again.

But the Pansies sure have been a pleasure since October!

3 comments:

Megan said...

They look terrific - and I like the random mix of colours.

Megan
Sydney, Australia

Meezer's Mews & Terrieristical Woofs said...

Those are so very pretty! Pansies always remind me of little faces:)

pilch92 said...

Beautiful, especially the pansies.

Adventures In Driving

 Last month, my cable box partially died, so they sent a replacement.  But they wanted the old one back anyway.  The store in town only hand...