Tuesday, April 28, 2020

A New Thing For Me

I've been listening to old music on the computer all night by themes and answering gardening questions on a forum.  But I suddenly had a thought.

I did something neat this morning.  It might be routine for some people even "duh", but it was new to me.

I like sci-fi.  I like Marvel movies and characters.  One of my favorite scenes in a Marvel Movie is in X-men:  Apocolypse where Quicksilver is saving the people in the exploding Xavier College.  And one of my favorite songs is The Eurythmics 'Sweet Dreams' and they were together in the scene.

So I searched the scene and found it.  But no music.  So I opened 2 windows on Firefox.  One held the scene, the other had the song.  I got them open up close enough for them to nearly match!

For me, that is seriously good stuff.  I don't normally figure out how to do things like that that.  Sort of a "one thing at a time person".

I'm gonna go do that again now...


...



Later, OK 5 more times, actually.

And he MOONWALKED  It was amazing to me.  Its like the Rubik Cube.  I can't do it even with instructions...

I haven't figured out what the brief dart thing meant but it was so quick even in slo-mo.



2 comments:

Megan said...

Dunno the movie at all - but pleasing to hear that you'd had success playing around with things like this. If you search on YouTube, you may find the scene with sound included. Ditto for moonwalking. There are loads of videos on YouTube that teach you how to do it (some better than others, so have a look at a few). I think you'd feel pretty pumped up if you learned how to moonwalk. And it would be fun to do it (i) in front of the cats, to see if they thought it was odd and (ii) down the aisle of the supermarket - just for fun. (Go on - I dare ya!)

Megan
Sydney, Australia

pilch92 said...

Glad you figured it out aside from the moonwalk. :)

Adventures In Driving

 Last month, my cable box partially died, so they sent a replacement.  But they wanted the old one back anyway.  The store in town only hand...