Saturday, May 27, 2023

Movie

I saw the weirdest movie last night.  The title was 'Mud'.  I think that was the name of a central character.  I say "think" because it was spoken with a Southern US AND "mumbly-teen" accent (which this old Yankee has trouble with).  And I came across it 1/3 in.

I don't really have the slightest idea what the intent of the movie was really about.  Something about 2 teenage boys struggling to get by with minor thievery and a couple of problematic adult relationships in the background.  It made little sense to me, but I just couldn't stop watching.

The 2 teens are clever in some street-sense ways (but its country-side) but not really smart and unguided.  The adults are all a bit "unsane".  No relationships seem to work.  

I could look it up on Wiki, but I don't really want to.  I want to just "let it sink into my brain" for a day or two...

It sort of reminds me of 'The Last Picture Show'.   Or maybe 'Friends'.  I think some Dickens might be involved.  

I had a friend once who was really into movies.  He could tell you about side notes, meanings, minor actors of nearly any movie.  He even knew what a "gaffer" was.  But I bet he couldn't explain this one.

Have any of you seen it?

1 comment:

Megan said...

Not only haven't i seen it, I've never even heard of it!

Megan
Sydney, Australia

Adventures In Driving

 Last month, my cable box partially died, so they sent a replacement.  But they wanted the old one back anyway.  The store in town only hand...