Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Covid-19 Vaccination Shot

 I got my first Moderna vaccine shot today.   The Maryland State site never worked for me, but the Charles County one was a breeze to use.  I went to it, gave my address, it showed me the available appointments for the nearest County location, I chose the first available time (2:00 pm). 


I got a confirmation of my registration request at once and another approving my request and confirming the date and time a few days later.  I did a timed drive to the location yesterday (20 minutes and easy enough to find).  Got there 10 minutes early today with no problem.

It was funny, though.  The appointments were for 9 people at a time, every 4 minutes and I had the first time.  Cool, I would be in and out in 10 minutes.  So Imagine my dismay when I entered the building and found a waiting line of about 100 people.  I confirmed it was the correct line.  No one was moving!

But, HURRAY, promptly at 2 pm, the line started moving and I was in the vaccine room in 10 minutes.  There were 9 shot stations.  I didn't even have to fill out a form!  I got my shot 5 minutes later and was sent to a waiting room for 15 minutes to make sure I had no reaction.  

As I left, I observed that there was no line left at all.  Had I known, the secret would have been to arrive LATE!  I would have walked right into the room and saved 10 minutes of standing around.  LOL!  

But I was back home 75 minutes after leaving home, so I sure can't complain.  What a wonderfully smooth process.  They even gave me my appointment for the 2nd shot at the shot station as I left.  I'll have to see if there is a site I can visit to leave a very positive comment on my experience.

10 comments:

pilch92 said...

I am glad you were able to get the vaccine and felt fine. We got the Johnson and Johnson last Thursday at a mass vac site an hour from home. It was run smoothly, you wait in your car until your apt. time shows up on a screen then you are herded in 25 at a time and it took 5 minutes then a 15 minute wait.

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

I am glad it all went well for your first shot. We had the Astra Zeneca 4 weeks ago with no side effects.

Katie Isabella said...

Hey! I got mine yesterday too. At 1:30.

Brian's Home Blog said...

Our Dad and Mom got their 2nd Moderna this week. Glad your process went smoothly, theirs did too. Only side effects...they were tired for a day and a sore arm but having fallen off a ladder that will be a breeze for you.

Megan said...

Doesn't it lift your spirits when a process has been well designed and works effectively? Vaccinations are only just getting going here in Australia. In the past 12 months, the government departments of health have done an outstanding job of managing the response to Covid and keeping the general public informed. But ... for some reason, the department organising the vaccinations are behaving like amateurs! In their defence, there have been problems with reliability of supply and just this week, a bunch of vaccinations were sent on to Papua, as their need was greater/more urgent than ours. So, I haven't been vaccinated as yet, although the team at work (nurses) have started getting their jabs. We're getting the Pfizer vaccine.

Megan
Sydney, Australia

Just Ducky said...

Glad you are getting vaccinated.

Meezer's Mews & Terrieristical Woofs said...

You are now an official member of the vaccinated team!
I got Moderna, too.

Hubby got Pfizer.
He through a clinic similar to yours and I got mine through my work. EWe both have had the second shot as well, and we didn't have any bad effects other than that sore arm and feeling a bit 'under the weather'.

Glad you are vaccinated! It feels relieving to have that behind us.

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

I haven't had the slighest reaction to the shot. Not the least arm soreness or tired feeling. It is great!

Timmy Tomcat said...

I got my email yesterday so am going to scout the two sites and then pick where to go. Not fun as with my handicap I cannot stand for long. We shall see. PA has messed this all up and Montgomery County is the worst we hear. We don't count Philadelphia, why bother...

amdla2000 said...

Mine went well too--Pfizer in Baton Rouge, La. The only mistake was that I came on the wrong day, but the staff kindly looked at my gtay hair and squeezed me in.

Adventures In Driving

 Last month, my cable box partially died, so they sent a replacement.  But they wanted the old one back anyway.  The store in town only hand...