Sunday, June 7, 2020

Lost The Checks

They have to be around here SOMEWHERE but I'll be darned if I can find them.  I kept them in a shoebox (they fit perfectly).  I wouldn't have thrown them out.  If nothing else, the old statements are the records of my past addresses.  And I had more checks.  Or I would have ordered more.

I am utterly baffled.  I have searched through the house.  I've gone through every small box.  Room by room, drawer by drawer, file by file.  They have to be here. but I can't find them. 

What is worse is that I discovered this 3 weeks ago while writing my last check.  I ordered new ones as a precaution (sometimes you really do need checks and I am trying to buy a new car).  And I think the account number on the new checks are missing 4 digits. but I'm not sure if those 4 digits matter. 

Of course the bank had closed when I discovered this and won't open for 2 days and the lobby is closed anyway.

Losing my mind...

IF the car dealerships agrees to my offer (which I expect they will) I can't use these replacement checks unless I know they work.

I'm trying to buy a Mazda CX-5 Sport (I don't want a moonroof or fancy tires and I don't care about the comfort of the rear seats that will never be used).   But I need a working check... 


2 comments:

Megan said...

C'mon Mark - no one in Australia uses cheques anymore. Indeed, I seem to recall reading in the newspaper in recent weeks that they will be formally discontinued by our central bank by the end of the year. The equivalent is electronically transferring money from your account into the account of the car dealership. Takes 30 seconds.

Looking forward to seeing a pic of the kind of car you're getting. Perhaps I'll google it in the meantime. But you haven't told us the most important thing: what colour is it going to be?

Megan
Sydney, Australia

pilch92 said...

I hope you find those checks. And i hope your offer gets accepted.

Adventures In Driving

 Last month, my cable box partially died, so they sent a replacement.  But they wanted the old one back anyway.  The store in town only hand...