Saturday, January 11, 2020

An Odd Thing

There are fossilized footprints of a family moving across the desert in Australia 20K years ago.  The family strides were normal for men, women, and children.  But one adult male was hopping on one leg.  Trained trackers evaluated the site. 

There were no pointy depressions showing a crutch.  No surrounding footprints seem to show he was supported by others.  He hopped well enough to keep up a regular walking pace.  His footprint was deeper than the others.  No assistance...

I can barely conceive of that.




3 comments:

Megan said...

Huh? What on earth is your source for this??? Enquiring minds wanna know.

Megan
Sydney, Australia

Megan said...

PS. I've googled it and found the article in the National Geographic.

Megan
Sydney, Australia

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

It was a small part of an article I read about Mungo Man being repatriated to the 3TTGs in the September 2019 issue of Smithsonian magazine (I'm behind in my reading). I was also dubious, and googled it at the time. I found some confirmation elsewhere that seemed legitimate, though I did not save the links.

Adventures In Driving

 Last month, my cable box partially died, so they sent a replacement.  But they wanted the old one back anyway.  The store in town only hand...