Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Weight

I had a surprise a week ago.  The bathroom scale had said I was losing weight.  Well, I eat healthy.

It said I went from 170 to
I was thrilled!

But then it said I went to
And I knew THAT wasn't right.    Even replacing the batteries didn't change it though.

And then a couple days later, it was 173 again.  That's right.  I weighed myself on the vet dog scale.  and then on the home scale.  It agreed.  Mine is inconsistent.  I need a new scale...

To the tune of Huey Lewis and the News "I Want a New drug"

"I need a new scale,
One that weighs like it should.
One that doesnt make me feel too bad
One that doesn't make me feel too good...

I wanna a new scale,
That tells me the truth.
So I don't get too happified,
So I don't feel fat or thin..."

LOL!


4 comments:

Megan said...

I'm afraid that I don't know that song, so I couldn't sing along.

Weird that a scale should break though, don't you think?

Megan
Sydney, Australia

Katie Isabella said...

I have found a good one. I found it about 19 years ago. It is true to the ounce. SO rare. It's a step on one too. Once this one turns up it's toes, it'll be Katy bar the for because NOTHING is made well any more.

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

Megan - It's digital. Digital things get weird sometimes! This same thing happened a year ago, which is why I was suspicious. I have gotten down to 168 lbs before because sometimes I get busy and don't real eat much. But when it said 161 in a week, I knew it was messed up.

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

Katie and Mom - I'm glad you found a good scale. For myself, any close measurement is fine. I have the digital one that measures in .2 lb (3.4 oz) increments and it has a TARE function. That lets me weigh myself, wait for it to go to 0, and then weigh the cats by holding them with me on the scale.

Dr Visit

I put off the annual exams because of Covid, but went today (been 6 years, actually).  More questions from the Dr than I remember from past ...