Wednesday, December 4, 2019

Shutting Down For Winter

I use a coiled hose for watering the deck pots.  But when cold weather comes, I drain all the yard hoses and shut off the faucets so no freeze damage occurs.  And usually, I leave the coile one sitting around.  It's pretty awkward to store.  But this year I did...
Sometimes you just want things to be put away for the season properly...  I bought it about 10 years ago because that was the hose the people at the local DIY store were using.

After I bought it, I found the ratings were poor.  But it has worked great here.  Well, the worst thing you can do to any garden hose is leave it outside with water in it that freezes and expands.

I drain all my regular hoses carefully and they seem to last forever..  The coiled one is hard to drain.  So I held it over the deck and used an air pressure pump to force all the water out.  Even after I had let it drain over the edge of the deck, there was still a lot of water the air pump forced out.

NOW I'm satisfied it won't have any freeze problems over Winter and it can sit safely in the original holder!

2 comments:

Megan said...

I'll say it again: boy you're conscientious! LOL

Megan
Sydney, Australia

pilch92 said...

We drain ours and put them away for the winter, but still , the coiled ones never lasted for us.

Adventures In Driving

 Last month, my cable box partially died, so they sent a replacement.  But they wanted the old one back anyway.  The store in town only hand...