Friday, December 6, 2019

Found It!

Last December , I received an updated credit card.  New expiration date.  But since the old one was still good, I set it aside where I couldn't lose it.  I lost it. 

I knew it was in the house.  So it wasn't a matter of someone else finding it.  When the old one expired, I went nuts trying to find the new one.  You know, searching every coat pocket, looking under every stack of stuff, under the furniture, etc.  So I used the number where I didn't need to show the card.  Online, for recurring automatic payments, etc.

I found it today!  I was making holiday cards and lifted my pack of cardstock in the file cabinet drawer.  There it was...  I just stared for a moment, but that was exactly the kind of place I would have expected to EVENTUALLY find it.

Isn't it nice to have a year-long mystery solved?


3 comments:

Megan said...

Yes, it is. But why oh why did you put it there in the first place?

Megan
Sydney, Australia

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

Well, I would LIKE to claim it seemed a safe place, but it was most likely swept off the top of the filing cabinet nearly this day last year when I was making the 2018 cards to send. And, not seeing that, I laced the pack of cardstock right on it.

pilch92 said...

Glad you found it :)

Dr Visit

I put off the annual exams because of Covid, but went today (been 6 years, actually).  More questions from the Dr than I remember from past ...