Saturday, April 20, 2024

NOW What?

It's always something, right?  The morning after the DR exam, I discovered it hurt to stand up.  My right hip feels weak.  Oddly, walking is not bad and sitting/sleeping causes no problem.  I can't figure out what is causing it though.  I didn't fall, bump a table corner, or do anything strenuous.  There is no bruise or swelling.  I can push on the sore spot and even pound on it without pain.  

But standing hurts!  Standing at the kitchen counter to prepare dinner is miserable.  Same with preparing the cat bowls, and that is 6 times a day.  

I sure hope this heals on its own, fast.  I have 2 velcro knee braces for occasional use.  Today I put one on the right knee.  Sometimes pain is caused in one spot due to a problem in another.  And I used the other above that as close to the hip as I could get it.  

That helps slightly.  So does standing with my feet about shoulder-width apart.  And so does keeping my right foot slightly behind the left.  But "slightly" is not much!  I'll be doing a lot of sitting.  Fortunately, I have plenty of computer work to do.

I hope this isn't a problem re-emerging from the ladder fall in 2021!


 

1 comment:

pilch92 said...

I hope you feel better soon.

Adventures In Driving

 Last month, my cable box partially died, so they sent a replacement.  But they wanted the old one back anyway.  The store in town only hand...