Sunday, April 21, 2024

Adventures In Driving

 Last month, my cable box partially died, so they sent a replacement.  But they wanted the old one back anyway.  The store in town only handles wireless services.  So I had to either get a shipping label and stand in line at UPS or drive 10 miles.  I hate driving!  But as I posted yesterday, it hurts to stand.  So I decided to drive.

I've lived here 38 years.  But I almost never drive south.  So first, I tried to avoid the highway and take a bypass.  I got lost.  It took 15 miles and 20 minutes to get 5 miles heading south.  And that wasn't the worst part!

I was using a County street book map.  In the town where the cable equipment return was, there were only 2 turns to make off the highway to get to them.  I couldn't find the street.  You are gonna laugh at this...  The book map is oriented north.  I forgot I was driving south!  I got the streets all backwards.  And right turns were left turns.  😭

It took me over an hour to find a place 10 miles away!  At least the drive home only took 15 minutes.  👍

1 comment:

pilch92 said...

I am surprised you did that, :)

Adventures In Driving

 Last month, my cable box partially died, so they sent a replacement.  But they wanted the old one back anyway.  The store in town only hand...