Sunday, September 24, 2023

Facebook

I received an email from Facebook a few days ago saying that they were cancelling my account.  Which is fine; I don't use Facebook.  I think I opened an account in order to follow a link a year ago.  But it gets weird...

Apparently I have 180 days to appeal their decision (which I'm not bothering to do).  Their reason is that I have not maintained community standards (which in my case seems to be "not participating").  Cancelling my account for "not participating" seems to be a toothless threat.  Since I'm not using Facebook, I don't really care if they cancel my account.  LOL!

But here's the annoying part.  They send me 2-3 emails per day counting down the days left in the 180 day appeal process. I have them sent to spam, but I sure don't want go through this spam deletion for 6 months!  Clicking on "unsubscribe" just brings me to a login page, and it is a no-reply email.  

As far as I can tell, they are trying to punish me for not using them.  

I suppose I will have to set up a filter sending their appeals notifications directly to trash...

1 comment:

Megan said...

That does sound odd. My husband got an email from them this week saying that they had suspended his account and if he wanted it restored he had to send them of a video of himself to prove that he was a person and not a robot. Huh? Strangely enough, he's elected not to bother.

Megan
Sydney, Australia

Adventures In Driving

 Last month, my cable box partially died, so they sent a replacement.  But they wanted the old one back anyway.  The store in town only hand...