Tuesday, September 26, 2023

Declutterring

 I am recycling, trashing, and selling a lot of stuff.  And considering setting up a table in the front yard for "you want it, take it, its free".  I have saved "possibly useful", "didn't know what to do with", and old electronics for too long.  

Some of the stuff will go on Craigs's List.  I don't need the few dollars, but sometimes someone wants a cheap "something" and it beats paying to haul it to the landfill to get rid of it.  I'll nearly give those away just to save me some effort.

I have too much old computer junk.  Who needs an old joystick? And I have a 15 year old windows computer in the closet.  I'll remove the hard drive of course.    Same with an old  desktop Mac and 2 previous Mac Minis. 

If someone wants four 8'x3" cardboard shipping tubes, they are welcome to them.

And there are stupid things of no value but were gifts I didn't dare through away.  The gifters are all deceased now.  I can give them away.

A front yard "free" table should take care of most things.  Craig's list should take care of most moderately valuable items.  Recycling (or trash) will take of the rest.  

And I have clothes that don't fit but are in good condition (and I just washed them).  I hope Goodwill will accept them.  Got a half a closet back doing that.

I'm not a hoarder, but sometimes stuff accumulates.  I'm taking care of that.



2 comments:

pilch92 said...

Kuddos to you on the decluttering. I did that this year and got my hubby started, but he has a long way to go. I like putting stuff out for free.

Megan said...

You're very welcome to come over here and declutter our place once you've finished at yours!

Megan
Sydney, Australia

May 4th

 May The Farce Be With You this day!