Thursday, September 28, 2023

The Mews Picture List And Memories

I keep a list of pictures to use (and "usually" cross them off so I on't use them again soon).  My 1st column lists the cats involved. Sometimes, it is "all".  Sometimes it is just a few specific ones.  

Today I realized I was still writing L-L-M (Lori, Laz, Marley) as if Ayla was still here.  I changed L-L-M to "all".  Habits are hard to break sometimes and painful.  

Ayla is in a plastic bag in the basement freezer.  I need to build a new box for her.  I delayed because I could find a resin cat-figurine to match Skeeter, LC, and Iza's.  I had to choose a wood one.  I'll soak it in marine varnish, I suppose, to make it last outdoors.  

I was ready to make a new box for her burial site, but it was raining.  I need to remove weeds from the site and my little electric tiller doesn't deal with wet soil well.  And I need to move stuff around in the basement to build a new box.

So it will be a few days before she gets buried around the Memorial Pond with Skeeter/LC/Iza.  Well, at least this time, the soil won't be frozen.   Iza is between them now, but I can't find the picture...

Found it..

I need to take a box inside to copy it.  It will be a sad construction to build, but a good remembrance for all my remaining years.  Maybe I should make 4 and set the others aside so I don't have to do it again.  It hurts to make these Memorial Boxes...  Or maybe not.  Maybe that's the point of making them each time.  Each one is a specific object of love and missing one.

*sigh*

2 comments:

Marcia said...

Sigh, indeed. Those are beautiful boxes, obviously made with love. So nice to have a special memorial area for the beautiful kitties.

pilch92 said...

It is an act of love to make one for each angel. XO

Adventures In Driving

 Last month, my cable box partially died, so they sent a replacement.  But they wanted the old one back anyway.  The store in town only hand...