Thursday, June 16, 2022

First Flowers Of The Year

Pictures of first flowers of the year:

Snow On The Mountain...


Don't recall the name...

Maltese Cross...

Tithonia...

Baptisia...

Stella D'Oro Lilies...

And I have 12 Butterfly Weed (that butterflies love) growing from last year's plantings.  I thought they failed to grow last year.  They take 2 years to flower.  This is the 2nd year are they are thriving!  

Deck Pots:  

Stargazer Lilies still blooming after 10+ years...

I went cheap this year on the deck pot annuals.  Lowe's (big box store) had a great sale and I bought "enough".

Celosia...

Pink Dianthus...

Red Dianthus...

Two pots of each of those dianthus.  And as a connecting theme, each has an orange Marigold in the center.  

I usually grow my own, but I got behind on the schedule again this year.  And Walmart was selling 6-packs of dianthus for $2 each.  Hard to beat that.  Still, I think they will look interesting in a month...

I'll try to get fancier next year, LOL!

No comments:

Refrigerator Troubles

You may recall I was planning to have a new refrigerator delivered tomorrow.   The deal was that I would have the new one in the kitchen, th...