Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Daylight Saving Time

 I have battery-powered clocks all around the house.  No matter how carefully I set them, none ever quite agreed. Maddening.  And the change from Standard to Daylight Saving time was maddening. 

So I bought some clocks with radio signals built in.  They were cheap, so I wasn't expecting much.  But they worked great!  Every one automatically changed.  

La Crosse Technology Atomic Analog Wall Clock, 10", Silver

Seriously, even the send hands all match up!  A true joy.

A link if you are interested...  I don't get anything from it.

Still had to do the wristwatch, car, oven, microwave, and fancy old one, but half is better than all...  ;)



2 comments:

Megan said...

I've only got a few clocks that don't change themselves - thank goodness! We've got to put up with another two weeks of daylight saving before we get to drop the clocks by an hour.

Megan
Sydney, Australia

Meezer's Mews & Terrieristical Woofs said...

II ave so many clocks that need changing two times a year...and one is so awkward I just leave it on DST all year long! Its a battery one... I have an antique cuckoo clock and another clock with weights...those are not too hard to change forward, but can be tricky to set back, so I just stop them for an hour. I have to make the rounds of all the rooms in our house to change a multitude of clocks...at least the computer and other tech gear go by themselves as well as the one 'atomic' clock we have.

My Dad used to have a ton of timepieces to change...he was a watchmaker/clockmaker by trade. We didn't have too many battery clocks,let alone watches back then...

Adventures In Driving

 Last month, my cable box partially died, so they sent a replacement.  But they wanted the old one back anyway.  The store in town only hand...