Wednesday, November 13, 2019

3 Shots

I never used to worry about getting sick.  I haven't had the flu or even the common cold since I was a teenager.  But I started getting a flu shot when Dad was here because, just because I didn't get sick,  I could carry it.

Now I'm at an age when several things might get past my natural defenses.  So 3 weeks ago, I got the flu shot, a newer shingles shot, and a pneumococcal shot.  All on the same day.

I normally have no reaction to shots, but the 3 combined left my shoulders stiff for several days.  I felt like a baseball pitcher who threw too many pitches.  That's gone now, but OUCH!

I need a 2nd shingles shot in 2 months and another pneumococcal shot next year.  Which is fine.

But I think I won't accept 3 shots in one day again, LOL!

2 comments:

Megan said...

I had the shingles vaccination earlier this year and didn't have much of a reaction to it, fortunately. I've not been in the habit of getting a flu shot, but I think I will from next year.

Getting old is a LOT of fun, isn't it? LOL

Megan
Sydney, Australia

pilch92 said...

My right arm hurt for 24 hours after the flu shot this year. That has not happened before. I didn't realize you could get all 3 shots the same day. My hubby needs the new shingle shot.

Looking Up

 While I was outside with The Mews, I laid back and looked up.  I thought the tree branches and the clouds were kind of nice. Nothing import...