Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Mean Critter

Some critter at all my Pak Choy leaves!  


 Oh, that was mean...  I use them to roll up in my egg rolls (I enjoy them a lot).  They protect the uncooked veggies from poking through the wrapper.  Yes, I could use leafy-lettuce leaves, but the Pak Choy is a member of the cabbage family and it adds some flavor.  And besides, it is traditional.

I suppose I tempted the critter.  There was a strong wind-storm coming, so I placed the tray on the deck so it wouldn't get blown over (it happened once).  This time I'l just wrap a wire around the tray for stability.

And, of course, I can't feel safe even eating the new-growth.  There might be some "critter-slobber" (and think "disease") on the plants.  I'll dump the soil, bleach the tray, and plant new ones.

I was really looking forward to using them.  They were just the right size.  Oh well, critters get some outdoor veggies sometimes.  They are hungry too.

2 comments:

pilch92 said...

Darn!! I wonder what did that. We just planted Pak Choy too. I got free seeds from the local librry.

Megan said...

Phooey.

Megan
Sydney, Australia

Adventures In Driving

 Last month, my cable box partially died, so they sent a replacement.  But they wanted the old one back anyway.  The store in town only hand...