Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Screwed

This is a very expensive screw!  It cost $240 and you don't find screws that expensive every day.

Well, it wasn't made of gold.  That would have cost less.
But the dealership said might as well been.
After they replaced the tire it was embedded in...

A repair of the tire would have been "iffy".  It was close to the sidewall and plugs there can "go boom".  Better to be safe now than sorry later...

The tire guy cracked up when I told him I wanted the screw back.  But when I said I had a blog, he understood.

We traded jokes/comments while he did the work (my car was right at the service door).  I noted he used DeWalt tools (both our favorites).  He asked about my license plate and I explained it was chess move ("cavebear" was too long and "caveber" suggested I was a spelunker and "cavbear" was taken).

They got me in and out in 30 minutes.  

One problem down, a dozen more to go.

 

3 comments:

Meezer's Mews & Terrieristical Woofs said...

I had a big screw like that in one of my tires, once. No idea where it came from...but yes, very expensive screw. Phooey! Had a long nail in there, once too and years ago had a pottery shard, that thing shredded my tire. Yikes.

With my current van, I have had to replace almost all of the pressure sensors. At least that warranty work.

Megan said...

So ... what's the licence plate?

Megan
Sydney, Australia

pilch92 said...

Yikes! That was an expensive screw.

Adventures In Driving

 Last month, my cable box partially died, so they sent a replacement.  But they wanted the old one back anyway.  The store in town only hand...