Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Holiday Tree

 I always debate (to myself) each December shall it be the big tree fully-decorated or the little one.  Usually the little one.  It's just easier and (placed properly) looks like the top of a big one (from outside).

But it HAS been a few years.  I might to the full decoration of  the big fake tree.  I have some decorations I haven't seen for many years.  

Little one from a couple years ago...

Big one from years past...

Some details of the ornaments...

I had forgotten how festive a house can look at times...

But the big one takes a lot of effort, and no one sees it but me.  Still, sometimes you just want to go full-out.  And I think it seems right this year...

I think I might go full-out this year and do both.  The big one for myself and the small one for the cats.  I went to Petsmart yesterday and found a pack of 10 small mice.  I can attach hooks into them.  I can't really sew worth a damn, but I do have the basic stuff.  I can push a heavy-duty carpet needle through each mouse and attach carpet thread and attach a hook.    

Wouldn't that be a lovely decoration for the little 2' cat tree?  Tiny LEDS lights and mosies hanging from the treem.  Under which to put Secret Paw gifts...

Sometimes, you just feel like decorating.  Just for even yourself.



4 comments:

Megan said...

Will the cats - one or all - not wanna play with (or in!) the trees??

Megan
Sydney, Australia

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

It will be firmly attached to a large sheet of plywood. I have experience with cats and trees. LOL!

pilch92 said...

Yes, you should decorate. It won't be just for you because the cats will have fun too.

Meezer's Mews & Terrieristical Woofs said...

I hope you do decorate. It lifts the spirits...even before I knew hubby, I always did, too. I still do, even though its only us two now...oh, and the hooligans. Though I have cut back a bit n the number of things I have gotten out of storage.

Adventures In Driving

 Last month, my cable box partially died, so they sent a replacement.  But they wanted the old one back anyway.  The store in town only hand...