Friday, September 10, 2021

New Kitten Delayed

I called the Tonkinese breeder yesterday.  She knows I am looking for a female of light colors like Iza.  Turned out the newest litter was 5 males in the color I wanted and the one female was dark brown.  Well sometimes gender is uncertain for weeks.  

But she assures me the litter of her partner-in-breeding has had a healthy litter of mostly females 2 weeks younger and ready for adoption in early October and they are sure the colors will be about what I wanted.  And will send pictures of all.

I'm to blame if I have Iza in mind.  I keep saying "whatever close " in my head, but I keep saying "Iza" in my heart.  I'm torn...

The available "brown" female Tonkinese might melt my heart.  Brown would be different, but the breeder says their colors get darker.  Yeah, Iza's did too.  I didn't mind that.  It made her different after her first year.

She has the picture of Iza on her wall next to my name.  She understands about colors.  I can't describe Iza by Tonkie colors but she can.  I think Iza was "platimum or champaign" but blue eyes only come from some mixtures.

The next litter are ready in early October.  Quite frankly, at that point, I will take any female Tonkie I can get.  I've waited a year and a half.  Has to be female though.  3 males and Ayla would feel odd.

Arranged for the car to be "maintenanced" tomorrow.  First annual visit to the dealership since I bought it.  If I have to do a 90 mile each way trip for a cat, I want to make sure it is ready for a highway.   The dealership service department pulled me in 2 directions.  First, 700 miles in a year is not a problem in most ways.  But a year is too long for oil or coolant sometimes.  I have enough problems with gas-powered yard equipment; I won't risk a new car.

I'll let them do what they want.  Most of it is free for the first years anyway.  I just want to make sure I can safely drive at highways speeds to the breeder 90 miles and back and not worry about oil and coolant.

Looking forward to Lorelei Lee even if it is ANOTHER few weeks.  Though my patience IS thinning.

Will post promised pics from the breeder when I get them...

6 comments:

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

We are looking forward to meeting Lorelei Lee, Mom wants to talk now.

I understand wanting a cat that looks like Iza I was looking for a cat that looked like Whiskers when I wound up with Scylla & Charybdis. And I would give anything to have Arty Mouse come home or a cat that looked like her. I have my fingers crossed for you.

Katie Isabella said...

I can't wait to meet the newest family member.

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

We can't wait to meet whoever you choose!

catladymac said...

We hope you get your beautiful new baby soon !

Meezer's Mews & Terrieristical Woofs said...

Whoever gets the great privileged of being your new kitten will be loved and doted upon, no matter what! Sorry that you have to wait even longer...but those who are patient will see their patience rewarded.

pilch92 said...

You will know in your heart which kitten is for you when you see them.
I am getting my first oil change at the end of the month- I got my cat last December. :)

Dr Visit

I put off the annual exams because of Covid, but went today (been 6 years, actually).  More questions from the Dr than I remember from past ...