Monday, September 27, 2021

More Odd Neighbor Stuff

 I don't want to harp on the neighbors too much.  But I don't like mine a whole lot.  I think they are kind of weird.  The neighbors to the east are odd.  They don't have much sense of property lines.  And forgive me, it it hard to discuss concerns well.  They don't speak American well.  Damn that seems bad to say, but you have to be able to talk to resolve problems.

I can manage that slightly, but they seem kind of new to yardwork safety.  They  decided to burn fallen tree branches once, right next to my wood fence and below small trees.  And had no water supply near.  Then the guy decided to use a metal blade trimmer to remove grass around a tree in my yard.  It died the next year.  When I told him to stop, he seemed to think he was helping me.  

Now they have their tree trunks wrapped in clear plastic, taped all around 5' up.  None of my business, I suppose, but I'm curious and can't ask why.  

The neighbors one further had all their trees cut down, but only 8' high.  They left the trunks.  I can't imagine a reason.  That's the east...

My neighbors on the west side have a tree across their front lawn that has sat there for 4 years.  They have a mowing company that does their lawn, but they ignore the fallen tree.

The people to the south have poison ivy beds that creep into my yard.  I spray them, but they come back.

I have some neighbor down the street a few houses who just drives a motorcycle back on forth along the the street.  I thought maybe he had a repair business on the side, but it is always the same 3 motorcycles.

I feel trapped.  I love the city water and sewage, the buried electrical and good internet cable, the dead end street and the grandfathered no Homeowners Association.  And I feel like I have too much to move; woodworking equipment is delicate in some ways.

But if I don't move soon, I never will...

3 comments:

Meezer's Mews & Terrieristical Woofs said...

I feel for you, Mark. Its hard when you can't chat with the peeps who share your neighborhood.
We don't chat much with our neighbors but at least they are pretty normal...most of the time, LOL!
The worst ones we had several years ago, didn't pay much heed to their twin toddlers...I can see the house from my kitchen window, and I had to tell the mom that the boys were standing on their porch roof....two year olds, mind you! Then they took their trikes across the street to the field...um...we live on a blind hill...yikes! And once *she* called me to help with her pup who had gotten into a wasp nest...all the while she was standing at the stove frying meat. I was livid, but I did help her poor pup, it was going to die, had I not intervened with my homeopathic bee sting remedy...she lost two cats and 2 dogs to cars...I am glad I don't h=ave them as neighbors anymore...they had to move because they foreclosed on their house.
Then there was a family with eight kids, a bunch of chickens, three goats and well...that family was very nice and good neighbors but what a crazy zoo. They had to move after one of their sons became ill with leukemia and they had to move away to be closer to where he was being treated.

When we were first married, all our direct neighbors were senior citizens, and so after our sons were in middle school and highschool, well, they are no longer there...they were all well into their 80's. I do miss them, they were like family and grands for our boys whose real ones were miles and miles away...

I guess as you are doing, you have to weigh the pros and cons of moving...

Megan said...

The trouble is ... what if you move and the new neighbours are much the same?

Megan
Sydney, Australia

pilch92 said...

Sounds like a lot of strange neighbors. You have put so much work into your yard that I would think it would be hard to leave behind. ANd houses are so expensive now, maybe find a way to ignore all around you and just enjoy your yard. And keep spraying the poison ivy.

Refrigerator Troubles

You may recall I was planning to have a new refrigerator delivered tomorrow.   The deal was that I would have the new one in the kitchen, th...