Monday, June 10, 2019

An Irregular Curious Event

This blog does not get many visitors (and I sure appreciate you all).  A typical post gets 0-6 comments and a dozen or so views.  I don't mind that, I'm basically tossing bottles into the ocean (or, if you have ever seen the movie 'Conneger', tying messages onto tumbleweeds).

But sometimes there are suddenly 50-200 views days later.  They never leave comments, so I have no idea who they are.  And this never happens on the cat blog.  Many years ago, the cat blog suddenly got 100s of comments on really old posts that advertised products in Chinese that (as far as I could tell with Google Translate) were only for local sale in China. 

It baffled me, and I spent some days deleting as many as I could (and some were undeletable).  But this is not the same thing.  These visitors never leave comments (that I can detect).  And when I try to search keywords and phrases in those posts, none show up as one-off oddly-popular flash-group interests.

My antivirus programs (I have 2 I run alternately) never find any problems.  It is entirely weird. 

Just mentioning this in case someone has any ideas about what is going on...

4 comments:

Megan said...

Sorry - I can be of no help whatsoever.

Megan
Sydney, Australia

Just Ducky said...

Probably a bot trolling for a weak link in order to send havoc into the world. Can you see what part of the world they are coming from? I get a few from Bangladesh and Ukraine. Don't know any cat bloggers there.

pilch92 said...

No ideas on why that happens. I do want to tell you that I don't read this blog as often as Mark's Mews because I don't get notifications to let me know when you add a new post so I check once in a while.

AnnDee said...

Leaving a comment because I thought this topic deserved more than three comments.

Adventures In Driving

 Last month, my cable box partially died, so they sent a replacement.  But they wanted the old one back anyway.  The store in town only hand...