Tuesday, April 3, 2018

That Surprising Snow

The snowfall we had here the 1st full day of Spring was surprisingly fluffy and sticky.  In fact it never occurred to me that snow wouldn't just fall right down through 1" chicken wire.  But it did.

It collected on the top of my garden enclosure, and snow can be rather heavy.  It bent some of the top frame!
Yes, it is PVC tubing...
But I set metal electrical conduit pipe inside them for strength!
And they bent anyway!   Some people told me I was over-building again, using the metal pipe inside the PVC.  Maybe I should just leave it like that as an "object lesson". 
I tried to straighten one today and the PVC broke out of the attachment.
I'm going to have to think about what to to to fix it.  I really can't just leave it like that.  It looks like a built it shoddily...

Just what I needed; unnecessary work!  Like I don't have enough to do.

3 comments:

Megan said...

Oooh!

What damage has the snow done to your plants?

Megan
Sydney, Australia

The Whiskeratti said...

Snow is a PITA. I wasn't sorry to leave it behind when I came home to Florida.

pilch92 said...

We ended up with an inch on Friday, but it melted fast.

Adventures In Driving

 Last month, my cable box partially died, so they sent a replacement.  But they wanted the old one back anyway.  The store in town only hand...