Tuesday, September 3, 2024

Neat Computer Thing

I can't touch-type, and my hunt&peck is very "poundy".  So my keys wear out fast.  I had about a dozen that were impossible to read anymore.  Well, maybe I can't touch-type, but I do basically know where each letter is.   

But out of curiousity, I went looking for replacement keys.  A bit expensive.  But what I also found were press-on decals.  

ENGLISH KEYBOARD STICKERS Black and White Letters for Qwerty Keyboards ...

They seem to be very good.  The print matches most black keyboards (there might be white/cream/gray decals too), the vinyl backing is sturdy, and they seem to stick well.   I got mine at Amazon ($6), and there are 2 full sets of key decals.

It looks like a new keyboard!  

3 comments:

Marcia said...

Now that is a very useful thing to know about! Before I retired, I went through several keyboards at work because I wore the cheap-paint letters off them. Thankfully, I spend much less time typing nowadays.

pilch92 said...

Good to know. Although my older one had keys fall right off so that wouldn't work.

Megan said...

Yaaaay! A great find.

Megan
Sydney, Australia

Old Basement Refrigerator

 I had an old refrigerator in the kitchen.  It wasn't the original one, but it was probably about 15 years old.  I decided it was suckin...