Thursday, March 21, 2024

Back Yard

 The back yard has flowers and blooms too.


Asters  are growing from a deck pot.

The sawhorses ready for more lettuce and small crops in trays.  I tightened a lot of bolts yesterday,

Some stargazer lillies (so named because the flowers point up) are coming up nicely.  I really love perrennial flowers!


I have some Autumn Joy Sedums to be moved to the flowerbed,  I had 3 for years, but they all suddenly died.  I'm happy I rooted some clippings just before that.

I have several dozen Nandina clippings are growing.  They will be a border along the drinage easement side of the front yard,  They are tough.  And evergreen with bright red berries in Winter.  


In a few years, they will look like this...  A whole hedge of them!


Back yard daffs...


A sourwood tree just starting to grow well...

Which will look like this someday...

Plant of the week: Sourwood — a sour tree makes sweet honey | Experts ...

There is a far back daffodil patch,,,


And some in the sides of the back.

A few hyacinths the voles haven't found yet,

Even a red tulip still uneaten...

The daffodils love it here.  The original 5 have multiplied, as have many planyings.  But this one is best at that..

And the y thrive even under the trees,


Sometimes, I just walk around admiring them.  

The back yard has a saucer magnolia too.  Actually, larger than the front one, but neighbors don't see it.


Some years, frost kills the blooms. But this was a good year.  Sometimes, I just stand on the deck and stare at them.


No comments:

Adventures In Driving

 Last month, my cable box partially died, so they sent a replacement.  But they wanted the old one back anyway.  The store in town only hand...