Saturday, July 15, 2023

Yard, Flowers

Pics of yard and flowers...

Yucca bloomed!  Doesn't happen every year.

The tomatoes are growing fast after finally getting planted a few weeks ago.




I dug this up.  It was probably lost while the house was built 37 years ago.


I spread seeds from flowerheads last Fall in the pollinator bed.  They grew like crazy.  

Apparently, they like the spot...



Cllose-up...

The daylillies are blooming...


And the hydrangeas are still blooming.


The Stokes Asters are still blooming after 20+ years.

But fewer this year.  I should divide and refresh them.

The new butterfly weed has returned again for a 3rd year.  I planted 6 once, but this one loves the spot and keeping showing up.

And there are more coming along in the yard and deck.  But they are not in full bloom yet, so I will wait to show them. 

Meanwhile, I have a Fall crop of flat italian beans emerging for Fall harvest. Need to plant snow peas, broccoli and garlic soon.

3 comments:

Katie Isabella said...

Tell me about the pollinator bed?

Love all the great flowers out there. You work more than most to achieve this beauty.

pilch92 said...

Beautiful blooms. The hammer was an interesting find.

Megan said...

Those tomatoes look like you might get a bumper crop this season. Yaaaaaaay.

Megan
Sydney, Australia

Adventures In Driving

 Last month, my cable box partially died, so they sent a replacement.  But they wanted the old one back anyway.  The store in town only hand...