Saturday, April 1, 2023

Saturday Surprise

I have been getting my wine, meat and deli stuff from a small specialty store for 20 years.  They are great on meat (both cheaper and better quality than chain stores), cheaper and better deli products too.  Their wine selection is great.  So is their specialty liquors (I found apple liquor there for a 'Golden Dawn' cocktail.

They are even the only place I can dependably find egg roll wrappers.  And they are also the only store around who seem to understand that Golden Delicious apples should be gold and not green!

Well, at checkout, confetti fell from the ceiling and a horn blared...

I was their 1 millionth customer!  Boy was I surprised!  I got my stuff free.  They took some pictures too.  Manager and me.  Cashier and me.  Apparently, it will show up in the local newspaper (I'll have to buy a few copies for posterity)!  I'll post pictures when I get them.

Things like that never happen to me.  So this is a real surprise...

3 comments:

pilch92 said...

That is so cool. Congratulations!! I hope they gave you a prize lie a gift card to the store. XO

pilch92 said...

I just realized that was probably an April Fool- you got me for the second time today. :)

Megan said...

Yaaaaay. What a fun thing to happen.

Megan
Sydney, Australia

PS Oh ... I've just read the previous comment. So this was an April Fool's joke post? Boo. Disappointing. I was happy for you to have a prize.

Adventures In Driving

 Last month, my cable box partially died, so they sent a replacement.  But they wanted the old one back anyway.  The store in town only hand...