Saturday, April 9, 2022

Persistence

 I sometimes don't realize how frustrating computers are to others.  Some people are skilled at them; the hardware or the apps parts.  Some people just have to live with the frustrations.  I'm in the middle, I think.

I know enough to try.  Sometimes I succeed, sometimes I fail.  That may be the most maddening of all.  I sometimes think it would be better to know most all of it or less of it. The first is very helpful and the 2nd pretty much lets you just "accept".

The middle means you struggle constantly.  Knowing what to do is like killing the wolf at the door with a gun.  Not knowing is like just accepting things and throwing a steak at the wolf.  Being in the middle is like just having a knife against the wolf.

*Sigh*

This time, I had to accept the wolf.  I can't wait for the new computer.  It will "probably" solve most problems.  Probably...  I won't know until it gets here and I set it up.  I'm hoping it is a hardware problem, fearing it may not be.  

I both love and hate computers.

2 comments:

Megan said...

Put me firmly in the "accept" gang - BUT I do have an excellent local chap who does home visits when I have problems. That is, I don't feel that I put up with too many frustrations: I simply outsource their resolution to an expert.

Megan
Sydney, Australia

Meezer's Mews & Terrieristical Woofs said...

I am in the middle of thew part between middle and fail...LOL! At least I have tech heads in my house and family to consult and assist...for which I give a ton of thanks.

Adventures In Driving

 Last month, my cable box partially died, so they sent a replacement.  But they wanted the old one back anyway.  The store in town only hand...