Thursday, December 17, 2020

Future Cat

Well, I've gone and done it now.  I sent a deposit check to a Tonkinese breeder yesterday.  The details are uncertain, but apparently, sometime in 2021, I will be able to drive 90 miles and pick up a kitten who will be "sort of like" Iza.  I don't expect a clone and don't want one.  But it would be a kitten similar in appearance and nature.  Discovering her personality will be a wonderful thing.

If she is like Iza, I will love and cherish her.  If not, I will love and cherish her.  I have never had a cat that wasn't friendly to me or that I didn't cherish in return.  That part is sort of automatic.

I emailed and phoned the breeder.  She agrees I would be a great person for one of her "girls".  I can't wait.  But I have to.  

Funny how this works.  If I had done this in May when I originally contacted the Tonkie breeder, I would have  the kitten now.  But not have Laz.  

I like how things are working out.  I get both.   Laz is amazing.

Laz is a flaming ball of energy.  I've never had a cat quite like him.  He runs full-tilt everywhere.  When I hear him running in the house, I have to stop because he runs into any of MY moving parts. 

But he has adjusted to Marley and Ayla, so finally I can consider a kitten.  I'm guessing late Summer...




8 comments:

ZOOLATRY said...

Awww, beautiful news ... happy, happy!

Brian's Home Blog said...

Dang, that's pretty darn exciting!!!

The Florida Furkids said...

Great news!!

The Florida Furkids

Sweet Purrfections said...

Wonderful news! I remember that feeling of excitement and anxiety when I placed a deposit on Truffle and Brulee. I still missed Praline, but I was so happy to know I was bringing a new ball of fur into my home. I can't wait to hear more.

catladymac said...

Good for you ! More Mews is good Mews !

Just FYI : they cloned a cat several years ago - a clico. The rseulting offspring was a tabby, so even if you had wanted to clone Iza, there would have been no guarantees. Purrs.

Thumper said...

:::snoopy dance:::
I am excited for you!

pilch92 said...

That is good news. I am glad you got Laz and will be getting a kitten.

Megan said...

Oooooh. This news surprises me. For starters, I think with four cats, you have officially moved from 'cat lover' to 'crazy cat man'! (In my mind, three is the limit before some kind of crazy commences. LOL)

The other reason that I'm surprised is that I thought you had said quite some time ago that you probably wouldn't ever get a kitten again at your age as you didn't want to die and leave a cat behind - so you had thought that you would only get older cats.

But ... clearly your thinking has changed, which is wonderful. It's going to be very interesting to see how the others cope with a kitten. Ayla may enjoy not being the smallest (at least for a while). Laz is likely to enjoy not being the newest. And Marley? Marley will just step uo and accept the additional responsibility of mentoring another new comer and taking steps to ensure that everyone behaves responsibly and in a friendly manner.

Very exciting.

Megan
Sydney. Australia

Adventures In Driving

 Last month, my cable box partially died, so they sent a replacement.  But they wanted the old one back anyway.  The store in town only hand...