Monday, May 30, 2016

Bathtub Area Replacement 3

I was expecting to show the finished bathtub area, but I discovered I had pictures between the start of the tiling and the completion.  So I'll show those today.

I left off with the start of the tiling...
So then they added the towel bar and completed it.  You can see tile spacers and the tape holding the towel bar in place as the adhesive dried.  I made a mistake when asked about the placement of the towel bar.  I reached up to where I would want to grab the face towel and they drew a line on the wall there.  I meant that that was where I wanted the towel to be, not the bar.  I should have had them put the towel bar itself 2 rows higher.  But I agreed with their marked position, so I have to live with it.
Here is the pipe for the tub faucet and the combination on/off  and hot-cold valve.
And the showerhead pipe (It gets covered - or replaced, I'm not sure which they did)...  The tiles are 2 rows higher than before and a row further  sideways.  And they installed bullnose tiles (rounded over edges) along the top and sides.  That helps avoid wall wetness.
The tiles were well-placed.  There are some tiny imperfections at a corner or two...
But grout hides many slight imperfections.   The grout sealant helps too (and waterproofs the grout as well of course).
Next time, I WILL show the finished look!

2 comments:

Megan said...

Looks like they did a good job. It was interesting to see that the grout did effectively disguise those tiny misalignments - presumably they know that this will happen, so they don't fuss about it when doing the tiling.

Megan
Sydney, Australia

Katie Isabella said...

Excellent! I wondered if you had started just last evening...

Dr Visit

I put off the annual exams because of Covid, but went today (been 6 years, actually).  More questions from the Dr than I remember from past ...