Friday, August 12, 2011

Strange Rain

I had the oddest experience today.  Something that hasn't happened to me since I was about 11.  Those many years ago, we kids were playing outside and realized that it was raining in our yard, but NOT across the street!

Well, it finally happened again!  I was watching the rain suddenly pouring down in the front yard, so I went to the back to watch the rain gauge fill up.  Nothing!  It WASN"T raining in the back yard.  Not a drop.

Convinced I was just not seeing it, I went out on the deck.  Dry!  I even went out in the yard because sometimes the trees absorb a lot of rain at first.  Nothing!  It was several minutes before rain finally started falling in the back.

Talk about being on the edge of a cloud!!!  Has this ever happened to you?

2 comments:

Thumper said...

I've only seen it 2-3 times. The first time I was around 8 years old and nearly freaked out (in a good way) when it rained across the street but not in our yard. It still amazes me when it happens...

Shaggy and Scout said...

Not that close up but we can drive through rain on the main road leading into our neighborhood and not see a drop a bock down at our house. Really weird stuff. Same with snow.

Adventures In Driving

 Last month, my cable box partially died, so they sent a replacement.  But they wanted the old one back anyway.  The store in town only hand...