What I miss about living alone...
1. Listening to music.
2. Watching cartoon shows.
Drinking too much once in a while.
4. Staying up all night sometimes.
5. Playing Risk, Scrabble, and Backgammon on the computer at game sites for hours.
Standing out on the deck watching the wildlife and contemplating
yardwork while drinking a beer.
criticism. Dad is a natural critic. Well, he's an engineer. His order of perfection in the universe is "A vague deity", surgeons, engineers, and then everyone else. I'm in the "everyone else" category of course, LOL!
8. Staying cool (temperature-wise). I have a high metabolism. I'm comfortable at 68F. Dad wants it at 85F.
9. Not ever watching Fox News. Dad thinks Fox News really IS "fair and balanced".
10. Being sarcastic or making jokes. Dad doesn't get jokes
11. Being alone.
12. Not getting really strange advice. Like "you have too many cats", "you have too many flowerbeds", or "you have too many books".
13. Keeping odd hours.
14. Not having to explain anything to anyone.
15. Arranging and keeping track of someone ELSE'S doctor/dentist appointments.
I'm making adjustments (and getting used to them). Most of my old habits are arbitrary, so I can change them. And I'm naturally flexible. For example, I never used to eat meals on a schedule, but Dad does. So now I eat lunch every day at noon and dinner at 6 pm. It might even be good for me...
For the rest, time will solve those "problems" eventually. I may even miss the changes to my lifestyle some day.
One day at a time...