Sometimes connections occur to me. Sometimes they make sense, sometimes not.
1. I watched a new commercial a few days ago for Butterfingers. It mentioned "crispety, crunchy". And I immediately thought, no that should be "crispety, chrunchity", for logical verbal balance. And sure enough, at the end, it said "crispety, chrunchity". I may have missed my calling in life.
2. My garden seeds finally arrived in the mail. I have a boatload of new ones. Well, my old seeds weren't going to last forever even refrigerated in sealed containers.
3. I've been designing a new compost bin. Yeah, any circle of wire actually works, but I like to build things and I put almost ANYTHING that will degrade into the compost. Some of it attracts pests. So it is time to make one they can't get into.
It is a 2-bin system. The sides and back are hardware mesh wire, the front is removable slats. I made one for a friend in 1992 with dado cuts for angled front slats. It was amazing (and BTW, I saw it copied in a gardening magazine 6 months later) but it was some unnecessary work. I figured out a better one. But it is just the design right now, since I can't actually build it in the frozen soil right now. But it is good to have all the parts figured out now.
4. I clipped some azalea stems 3 years ago when I had a ridge leveled. Some were white, some red, some purple. They won't grow in the small planter cells, so I need to transplant them to larger ones. But some bloomed a few days ago.
5. The old perennial flower bed is going to become a cottage garden. Random flowers that self-sow everywhere. I have NO idea how it will work out, but there will be pictures regardless.