1. The bathroom remodelers completed the work today. But there are some places where tape is holding trim tight for another whole day, so I will post the "after" pictures next time.
2. The cats don't have to be locked into the bedroom anymore (well until the next project).
3. I won't have to set my alarms for 6:30 am tomorrow. That will be a relief because I kept worrying during the nights that I would sleep through them. 6:30 may not seem early to you, but I had mine set for 5 am for 35 years, and after 10 years retired, I'm out of the alarm habit.
BTW, I don't actually use alarm clocks anymore. I use digital kitchen timers. Since I keep irregular hours these days, I can just push the hour button 9 times, press start, and not worry about what time of day that gets me up. SO much easier than a real alarm clock.
4. I have my car back in the garage again (the remodelers were using it for a work area).
5. With the 6 weeks of nearly constant daily drizzle done, I was able to mow the lawn today.
6. I felt free to work in the garden again. I planted my last 4 tomato seedlings, 14' of italian pole beans, 8' of cucumbers, 4 cantaloupe melons, 2 honeydew melons, 2 squash, 6 leeks, 18 corns (10 early and 8 late season). Harvested my first 6 radishes of the season (wow, even home grown radishes taste better than the grocery store stuff - spicier, firmer). My snow peas are starting to produce...
7. To celebrate the remodeling completion, I made a nice dinner. Delmonico steak, fried potatoes, asparagus with mushrooms, tossed salad, SEVERAL glasses of wine! And fresh fruit for dessert (plum, peach, apple, grapes, and cantaloupe).
8. I'm setting the timers tonight for 12 hours. If I wake up refreshed before that, fine. If not, well, I have some catching up to do.
9. After dinner, all the cats were on my chair with me. They shifted positions a few times, but there was always one on the back and one on each arm. They were happy to get time outside this afternoon, but they really wanted closeness. And they got plenty of attention this evening. And I bet they will almost be surprised not to be locked into the bedroom tomorrow morning!
And, yes, I shared my steak with them...