Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Well, Its Over!

The inspector came.  He didn't seem like a happy person, so I told the builder I was just going to stand around and keep my mouth shut and hope for the best.

That lasted about 2 minutes.  But only becaue the inspector saw my tomato plants ad asked about them.  Me red, him green after here.

Nice tomatoes.
Yeah they're heirlooms  and doing very well after setting them out late.
You grow heirlooms?  Which ones?
Oh, Brandywine, Cherokee Purple, Prudens Purple, Striped German, and Aunt Gertie's Gold.
My dad liked Cherokee Purples a lot.
Best tomato ever!
You grow peppers?
Well, bell peppers, Lipstick.  Grows red fast.
Like Ace, right?
Yeah, Ace replaced Lipstick a few years go, but I still like Lipstick better.  Hard to find though.
Yeah, I remember Lipstick.  Dad switched to Ace,  Nice use of the recycling bins BTW.  
Yeah, I'm trying some  bicolor corn and leeks and and Russian fingerling  potatoes this year.
Are they good?
Yeah, I tasted one  from the box.  Better than Yukon Gold.

Etc etc, for about 30 minutes ...  Needless to say we passed inspection.  He loved my garden (and the deck was pass-worthy anyway).

The builder was amazed.  Apparently this inspector is "picky", and never talks to people, but made no complaints about the deck.  For once.  Cheers for heirloom tomatoes!
     
And I can't wait for the first ripe one.

But most importantly, no more stranger/visitors for a long time.  The backyard is OURS again!  I let the cats out promptly...

Now, if you will forgive me, I'm going to go stand out on my deck for a while.  And go to bed early; I was up all last night!


1 comment:

Megan said...

Can you give us an update on the experimental tomatoes that you grated Mark? How are they going?

Megan
Sydney, Australia

Refrigerator Troubles

You may recall I was planning to have a new refrigerator delivered tomorrow.   The deal was that I would have the new one in the kitchen, th...