Monday, June 2, 2014

Dad

Well, Dad died this morning.  Technically, it was kidney failure, but at age 92, there wasn't much that WAS working.  He was basically comatose for the past week, but before that he had expressed a desire that all the difficulties "would just end"...

I wrote an obituary a couple days ago, but those are so incomplete.  I will summarize his life a bit more tomorrow.  We kids are sad that both Mom and Dad are gone now, but neither death was a surprise and my family has never been big on serious mourning.  Tomorrow, we will get on with the rest of OUR lives.

4 comments:

Fuzzy Tales said...

I haven't lost a parent, but all losses, even the expected ones, affect us, and we all grieve in our way. Just because one doesn't sit at home and wring ones hands doesn't mean the passing isn't felt keenly, in many ways.

So I'm sorry your dad passed, even though it seems it was a mercy, and I'm sending condolences and keeping you and your remaining family in my thoughts.

Just Ducky said...

My sympathies on your loss.

Megan said...

Thinking of you Mark. My family only grieves in a very very very low-key way. That doesn't mean that we feel the grief any less - and you may be surprised how often you find yourself thinking about your Dad in the months to come.

I wonder whether you feel officially old now that both of your parents have died?!

Hug the cats and let them purr you some comfort. Cry as you need to and enjoy recalling the good times with your dad.

Megan
Sydney, Australia

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

I'm very sorry to hear this Mark. Prayers to you and your family.

Refrigerator Troubles

You may recall I was planning to have a new refrigerator delivered tomorrow.   The deal was that I would have the new one in the kitchen, th...