Tuesday, December 23, 2014

The Other Special Decorations

The other decorations are so special.  Some on the tree this year, so not.  And for reasons.

Of the special ones on the tree, this is among the best.
It was a housewarming present from Mom when I bought my house 28 years ago...  This tiny 3" decoration has my name, and a the mailbox open to suggest receptiveness.  Sometimes, when I don't even have a tree, I dig this one out of the box to set it up on the table.

And it shows up nicely in the dark too...

The ones I haven't used this year are the glass icicles.  I have dozens.  But with the built-in white lights on the tree, it didn't seem to me that they would show up, and I don't like to over-do a tree.  I'll save them for next year with a real tree.

Instead of 1,000 white LED lights, there will be glass, reflecting strings of blue lights.  And after after that, strings of red and green lights.  Its good to have changes.

3 comments:

Mariodacatsmom said...

What a great remenbrance from your mom. The ornaments that were gifts mean the most to us also.

Merry Christmas to you.

Megan said...

That's a gorgeous ornament, and wonderful to have it as a gift from your mom.

Megan
Sydney, Australia

Tina T-P said...

What a lovely tree - and the birds and bird nests are sure to bring good luck in the New Year. Hope your and your furkids had a great Christmas :-) T.

Found The Missing Camera

I found it in the washing machine.  Which doesn't make sense.  Knowing it was missing, and looking for it everywhere, I took all the clo...