Sunday, September 28, 2014

Bye-Bye Birdy

The hummingbird feeders haven't shown any sign of feeding for 3 days, I guess the cool nights have sent them south.  I'll put clean nectar in them for 2 more weeks "just in case" and for any last-minute migrators.

I'll miss seeing those little aerial fighters until next Spring.

And they are going to be surprised next Spring.  I've found better feeders  (Aspect Humzinger 8 ounce - and there are larger ones) and ordered 4 of them.  The place will be filled with hummer feeders next year.

The "best1" feeders have started to break apart  from cleaning and handling.  I'll sure keep them as backups, but the Humzinger ones seem better.


2 comments:

Just Ducky said...

Mum was told to keep your feeder out for two weeks after you see your last hummer. That way the late migrators have a food source. We haven't seen one since Monday, so that means the feeder will be up until at least Oct 6 or so.

Megan said...

Sounds like great bird TV is coming for the mews.

Megan
Sydney, Australia

Looking Up

 While I was outside with The Mews, I laid back and looked up.  I thought the tree branches and the clouds were kind of nice. Nothing import...