1. I read a cat joke today that I wanted to post on the cat blog, but I was worried too many people wouldn't understand and I avoid insulting people. One never knows sometimes. But I'll take a chance here (because this is MY blog):
Schrödinger's cat walks into a bar, and doesn't.
OK, I'm a bit odd sometimes. Science humor isn't always the easiest to follow. I suppose English majors find puns in Dante's Inferno and Music majors in Mozart.
2. Just had an interesting idea of a way for cats to open doors, but it might be patentable, so I can't tell you about it.
3. The President's State Of The Union speech is on now, but I'm not listening to it. I like President Obama, but I don't pay any attention to speeches. It's what politicians DO that counts, not what they say. And if he says anything really interesting, it will be on the TV tomorrow ALL day.
4. I need some new science/nature/history DVDs. I'm beginning to memorize the narrative on all the ones I have.
5. I spent an hour today trying to make the various remotes all work the various TV devices. Moderate success, but will post in detail some other day.
6. You know those thin magnetic ads (designed to be stuck on the refrigerator) that come on phone books and some few other sources? Did you know that if you stick them on your car they don't blow off? I'm going to use them to make removable "bumper" stickers by glue-sticking messages on a group of them. LOL!
7. I bought new calenders several weeks ago. One was a Wizard Of Oz calendar. It is about 2' high by 14" wide. The actual monthly calendar part is only 5"by 7". That's a calendar? I need my reading glasses to see the dates!
8. I have learned with the new smart HDTV that I am far behind the tech curve. I am debating whether to TRY to catch up or just let it go. I don't even have a smart phone... How old do I have to be before it's aceptable to not even try anymore?