Saturday, February 2, 2013

Dad Here

Well, it looks like I am stuck with Dad until he is utterly unable to be cared for by me.  Sister has been avoiding finding a place for him near her and I understand now that she REALLY does plan to leave the area when she retires in a year.  So it IS best that he be HERE or in a place nearby.

I was hoping to get out of this relationship, but I'm the only one he has left.

That realization is hard.  I don't hate him, but I don't like him much either.  And I don't say that because he is batty (though he is); its the day to day living that makes it hard.  I lived on my own for 30 years and the change is so hard.

When he watches Fox News, he thinks it is like the word of god.  He says "damn right" sometimes and I look at him with dropped jaw.  He really does think that most of the people in the US are "MOOCHERS"!  I pointed out to him that  Romney meant me and him because we get a Federal Govt retirement, and it just went right over his head...

Its going to be a really hard year or so before Father Time catches up with him...  But he is here and for his "long haul".

I'll try not to mention it often...

4 comments:

Mariodacatsmom said...

Yikes - Fox News - can't stand it myself. So sorry you are being left with all the problems with dad. That so often happens in families - one person seems to get suck with it.

Andrea and the Celestial Kitties said...

Just sending hugs and purrs.

Unknown said...

You know what, mention it as OFTEN as you need to!
Get it out!
I live with a man only 3 years older than me who has had several strokes and is not the same person he was he is definately NOT the man I loved.
Being a caretaker is tough!
Talking about it keeps you sane!

Tina T-P said...

I only have two words for you - Respite care...

Seriously - before you need a keeper...I would think that Medicare would pay for it. T.

Refrigerator Troubles

You may recall I was planning to have a new refrigerator delivered tomorrow.   The deal was that I would have the new one in the kitchen, th...