1. Star Trek: Voyager joke - He was SO dumb, they called him 9 of 7... If you get that one, let me know.
2. So I was randomly checking out channels and found Star Trek: Voyager, and got the first episode with 7 of 9. Watched it of course. Cool about "being human and not". And how one can not be either at some point.
3. Then realized that they were showing the episodes IN ORDER, so I had to watch more.
4. THEN realized that there were very basic themes like in the original Star Trek. Really, I never got into Voyager at the time. Loved Janeway and Tuvok et al, but couldn't watch a "voyage of the damned" so to speak. Bad timing for my karma at the time. I like it better now in my peaceable older age. Makes more sense.
5. Kes and 7 were both demanding the right to chose paths. Kes to expand her conciousness and leave; 7 to return to Borg if she didn't like "human life". Janeway was arguing opposite decisions for each one. Fixed it, of course. Kes left, 7 stayed.
6. Then next episode, Betanna (sp) and 7 were both struggling with issues of aloneness. One half Klingon and one trying out humanity.
7. And BTW of the above, not unlike Fry and Leela on Futurama both "out of place".
8. I understand them...