Friday, February 15, 2013

Dad, Crazy

Last night, I was watching TV with Dad, only to be companionable.  He suddenly looked over at me and went "What the hell is that ANIMAL on your lap.  It was one of the cats of course.  I said it was Iza.  He said but what is an animal doing in the house? 

???

He thought it was a wild animal.  Never mind that Ayla, Iza, and Marley have been in the house all the 9 months Dad has been here.  Tonight, he didn't recall them.  Worse, he lost the concept of domesticated animal.

It is terrible watching a person lose their mind...


4 comments:

Mariodacatsmom said...

Yes, it is terrible and very sad watching someone lose their mind. I guess the only bright spot is that he probably doesn't realize he's lost his mind and is probably reasonably happy. But it's very hard on the caregiver and family. Hugs!

Andrea and the Celestial Kitties said...

That is sad. It's got to be hard. I wonder what he thought Iza was.

Unknown said...

You are doing a fabulous job taking care of your dad! Rock on!

Shaggy and Scout said...

Mark what a shock that statement must have been. I know you continue to hold in there and I admire you so much for that. Please know that I think of you often. -Lynne

Adventures In Driving

 Last month, my cable box partially died, so they sent a replacement.  But they wanted the old one back anyway.  The store in town only hand...