Sunday, December 9, 2018

The "BAD" Room

There is always some room where the junk goes, right?  For me it is the computer room. 

I'm changing things.  But things look at their worst before they get better.  I moved a bookcase that had been in place for 32 years.  And the cheap carpet I had installed there was awful.  It faded fast.

Proof:
The middle part is the carpet that was covered by the bookcase for 32 years.  The bottom part is how it looks today in spite of vaccuuming and even a few "steam" cleanings.  The top is all the awesome gross dust and grime that settled behind the bookcase all those years!

I am replacing the carpet of course.  And with linoleum.  It is the computer room, after all, and having a solid surface easy to roll a chair in makes sense.  I haven't decided on a color/pattern...

I could go with anything from jet black to solid blue too speckled.  Need to wash the walls and repaint too. 

But it was astonishing to see the difference in the original carpet and the current look!

I bet I end up with soothing greens.  What colors and floors are YOUR computer rooms?

5 comments:

Megan said...

Okay - how did ya know? The walls in my computer room/home office are pale green and the carpet is a beige neutral kind boring thing. I have a plastic carpet protector under the wheels of the chair.

Had you considered polished floorboards instead of carpet or lino?

Megan
Sydney, Australia

Katie Isabella said...

Palest beige bordering on white.

AnnDee said...

Blue carpet, similar to yours! All over the house.

pilch92 said...

That is a big difference in color. No computer room here, I use the laptop on the couch and the printer is in the dining room in a corner on top of the file cabinet. All our floors are wood except the kitchen has the original tiles from 1947.

The Whiskeratti said...

I'm thankful to have vinyl laminate flooring here (rental). Beige walls.

Refrigerator Troubles

You may recall I was planning to have a new refrigerator delivered tomorrow.   The deal was that I would have the new one in the kitchen, th...