Tuesday, March 27, 2018

DNA TEST RESULTS

I received a genetic test result from My Heritage and they agreed with my family genealogy records.  But I was curious enough to take a 2nd test from CRIGenetics.

The following is my PERSONAL OPINIONS about the CRIGenetics results and not mantt to defame or diminish their business.  Their actions have done that on their own.

1.  Their results were amazingly diverse with my genealogy records.

2.  They have a Finnish person in 1750 resulting in 30% of my genes.  The other company showed no such genetic history.

3.  CRI has me coming from all over the map.  I  seriously doubt that any Vietnamese AND Chinese AND Japanese AND Punjabi Indian AND Gujariti Indian AND South American people got to Europe in the 1700s to "engage" with my ancestors.

4.  CRI is not responsive to questions unless you agree to pay them to talk to you online or by telephone.

5.  CRI only will offer reports at a high monthly or annual cost.

6.  CRI will not reply to direct email questions.

7.  CRI claims to identify "British" dna.  Think about that.  "British" is just a collecton of varied ethnics groups that migrated or invaded the British Isles.  You can be Scottish, Irish, Welsh, Viking, Norman French, or true French, but you cannot be "genetically British".  There is no such group.  But CRI claims I am 20.6% British as opposed to other European ethnic groups. 

8.  These are not people *I* would ever trust again to perform a genetics test.

I told them I would describe my unsatisfactory experience with them if they did not provide more detailed information, and they did not, so here it is.  And I will seek out sites where the subject is in legitimate general discussion and comment there.

And I will just let this it sit here for now.

And yes, I'm pissed!

Mark


2 comments:

Megan said...

Well written. Well done.

As I think I said at the time that you got these results, it's possibly a nice thought that your ancestors were so opened minded that, as Europeans, they were willing to befriend travellers from the East and agree to mix DNA with them.

But I've had another look at the photo in your last post, and I'm struggling to see Vietnamese AND Chinese AND Japanese AND Punjabi in your features! LOL

Megan
Sydney, Australia

pilch92 said...

Thank you for the warning about this company.

Adventures In Driving

 Last month, my cable box partially died, so they sent a replacement.  But they wanted the old one back anyway.  The store in town only hand...